Saturday, June 25, 2011

Eat Out - Chatter Box and UTA Sushi

Day 327

2nd visit to Chatter Box. I had curry laksa while Mr Tan decided to try their 海南鸡饭. The laksa was full of meat but lacking vegetables. I want my tau geh! Nonetheless it was a very satisfying bowl of laksa. Hot and flavourful, perfect for winter times. Mr Tan's 海南鸡饭 was a letdown though. The rice wasn't fragrant and the chicken was tasteless. Mr Tan said the ones I cooked at home is better. Haha. As usual, the kind lady offered us desserts and I just love their red bean, glutinous rice and sago dessert. I've been trying to cook it at home but it's just not the same. Before we left, I pestered Mr Tan to help ask them for some tips as I can't speak Cantonese. The lady then introduced the guy who cooked it to us and he shared with us how he cooked it. Will definitely try again using his method! 

 

Bought 2 jackets today, 1 for Mr Tan and 1 for myself. His costs a whopping $230 while mine only costs $70. Oh well, mine is not really a jacket, its more like a hoodie. I doubt it can keep me warm in the cold winter but it looks good so enough said. :)

I thought I snagged a good deal when I purchased a Cudo voucher for $70 worth of sushi from UTA sushi at $29. It was rather troublesome to redeem the voucher as I have to call in advance to reserve and the last 2 times I called, they couldn't accommodate me as they have already reached the order quota for the day. Not to mention that UTA is in Toorak, we have to make a trip there specially just to get the sushi. I finally managed to reserve my set by calling them 2 days in advance. I planned to have it for our dinner tonight as I was expecting it to be rather substantial. But when I finally got the sushi today, I was disappointed. How can this sushi platter be worth $70?? I was seriously expecting more. The advert for the voucher states that it can feed 2 to 4 people. Come on, Mr Tan can finish this whole platter on his own! The sashimi wasn't too fresh and the rest of the sushi were at best, average. Was it worth the time, effort and money? Definitely no.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment