Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Gin's Kitchen - Sambal Long Beans

Day 316


I used to cook sambal kangkong once a week, it's my fave veggie! But I haven't been able to get hold of kangkong for the last few weeks and finally decided to make do with sambal long beans instead. It just isn't the same and I'm determined to find get some kangkong, soon.

Ingredients
- 12 stalks of long beans - cut into 7 pieces
- 1 clove of garlic - minced
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 2 tablespoons of Singlong Sambal Belacan Paste
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 200ml of water
- about 20 pieces of dried shrimps (hae bee) - minced

Directions
1. Soak dried shrimps beforehand for a few hours to soften them
2. Mince the dried shrimps (this is the most tiring part because I don't have a blender and mortar)
3. Heat oil in a wok and saute the garlic till they turn brown
4. Add minced dried shrimps into wok and fry them till they turn golden in colour
5. Add in sambal belacan paste and mix it well with the dried shrimps
6. Add in long beans and fry them together with the sambal and dried shrimps
7. Add in oyster sauce and stir fry for a few minutes
8. Add in water and let the beans cook for another 15 minutes or till they are soften


4 comments:

  1. You have been cooking a lot... I think my cooking skill never improve... hah... and all your posting abt the restaurants you go... food critic already...Your blog is becoming a food blog for Melbourne... hee...

    ReplyDelete
  2. U becoming baking expert lor, i can't bake for nuts! I got nothing to do here other than shop, cook and eat..so bored..don't like the shopping here though..miss SG's shopping!
    going back to SG on the 16th! so so happy!! NO MORE HOUSEWORK! NO MORE COOKING! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha... I have less than 2 months left b4 going back... sad... will miss Saiki soooooo much... sigh...I got prawns, how to cook? haha... no wine, no garlic....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I doubt I'll miss this place when it's time to leave. U've cute and sweet students, a wonderful landlady, new friends and there's so much to see and experience in Japan. There's nothing here for me...except housework and housework!!!
    Make prawns and onions omelette? No onions then just prawns omelette? Simple and easy. Haha.

    ReplyDelete