Sunday, February 20, 2011

Gin's Kitchen - Sweet and Sour Fish

Day 202


I love sweet and sour sauce, used to buy the ready packs from 李锦记. Checked the ingredients used in these packs and realised that I have all of them at home, vinegar, tomato sauce and sugar. Thus, I decided to make the sauce myself and I am proud to say, I did it! I am making good progress in the kitchen, haha. :) I did away with the pineapples, red and green peppers as I don't eat them anyway, don't want to waste them. Verdict? Delicious! I like what I'm eating. :)

Ingredients
- 1 basa fish fillet (cut into smaller cubes)
- Onion
- 6 teaspoons of corn flour
- 1 egg white

Sauce
- 3 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar

Directions
1. Marinate the fish fillet with salt and pepper
2. Mix the egg white with the corn flour to make the batter
3. Add in the fish into the batter and coat evenly
4. Shallow fry the fish till golden
5. Add some oil into the wok and stir-fry the onions for a while and add in the sauce
6. Finally add in the fried fish and coat it evenly with the sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment