Monday, February 21, 2011

Eat Out - Garamerica (Indonesian)

Day 203


Went Garamerica last night for dinner. It was a cold and windy night but we ventured out in our shorts and T-shirts. 勇者 indeed. It is a 10 minutes walk from our place and the cold wind made the walk seemed longer than usual. A few tables were occupied but we only saw 1 waiter, yes, only 1 for 5 tables of diners. Of course, there's no service to speak of. Glasses and cutlery are already placed on the table and once seated, you get a jar of water.


I had the Ayam Bakar, grilled Maryland and Mr Tan had the Ayam Goreng, deep fried Maryland and we also ordered Ikan Bakar, grilled snapper to share. Took about 15 mintues for the food to arrive and the Ayam Bakar was delicious. The sauce was tasty and the chicken was tender and juicy. The sambal chilli was hot, really hot. I finished the whole Maryland by myself, which is not often but I just couldn't resist.


Didn't try the Ayam Goreng but Mr Tan said it was crispy and went very well with the sambal chilli. It certainly looks good but I still prefer mine. :)


The Ikan Bakar was twice as expensive as the grilled fish at Blok M, I guess it's because they used snapper but it doesn't really bother me, I'm not a big fan of fish. So long as it's grilled fish, I will eat it so I would rather have the cheaper one at Blok M. The sauce for the snapper was good. Spicy, sweet and went so well with the snapper. We finished the entire snapper and was so full. The walk home in the cold wind really helped to speed up the digestion process. I will visit Garamerica again if I'm lazy to go to Blok M, otherwise, Blok M is still my preferred choice for grilled fish. Will have to try Blok M's Ayam Bakar to decide who's the winner for this.

Garamerica on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment