Friday, February 25, 2011

Eat Out - Blok M (Revisit)

Day 207

After last Sunday's visit to Garamerica, I'm craving for Indonesian grilled food! I wanted to try Blok M's Ayam Bakar and Ikan Bakar. Met up with Jasmine, Emily and Mr Tan at Blok M for dinner after they had their Friday drinks. I made up my mind within 5 minutes, record time!



I decided to order Ikan Bakar instead of grilled catfish as there are too many bones in the catfish. I was really disappointed today. Not sure what fish it was and it didn't seem like it was grilled, it was more like it was fried. The fish was kinda hard and there wasn't enough sauce on it. I will be sticking to grilled catfish in future.


Both Jasmine and I ordered Ayam Bakar and Jasmine commented that it is better than the one she had at Kedai Satay. You get a grilled Maryland at Garamerica and at Blok M, you get 3 pieces of chicken which is actually a Maryland, just that it has been chopped into 3 pieces. Again, there isn't much sauce on the chicken which I would prefer. The chicken wasn't as delicious as the one I had at Garamerica, there was too much fats and the skin wasn't crispy-yummy. 

Though I was really full, I wasn't satisfied. Perhaps it's all about the sauce. I will ask for more sauce the next time I visit Blok M.

No comments:

Post a Comment