Thursday, February 10, 2011

糖醋排骨 - 不成功

Day 192


Ate 糖醋排骨 a couple of times and I really like it but it is not something that Mr Tan will like, 因为味道有点太重了。Nonetheless, I searched the net for suitable recipes and came across this website, www.xinshipu.com. It has thousands of Chinese recipes and it is going to be my new best kitchen buddy! :)

Most of the recipes called for the pork ribs to be pan-fried or deep-fried but I was a little lazy and thus followed one that doesn't require any frying. Other than the frying part, the rest of the recipe was easy to follow but I got one component wrong. I thought 砂糖 was simply 糖 and used the white sugar that I had. Then I googled and realised that 砂糖不是白糖!我又配了一次酱汁,这次放了 brown sugar instead of white sugar, 加入锅里再煮。我边煮,边加糖,又加醋,又加水,完全没照着食谱,结果,太甜了。。。。失败!

除了排骨,最重要的就是酱汁。看了很多食谱,都是一样的。
一酒
二酱
三糖
四醋
五水
就是一份料酒,两份酱油,三份砂糖,四份醋,五份水。至于一份是多少,自己决定,可以是一汤匙,一杯,只要用一样的 measuring system 就可以了。

I blanched the pork ribs with hot water and then added everything into the pot to cook. In order for the sauce to thicken, you need to cook it over high heat. But as I cooked it over high heat, the side of my pot became black! Mr Tan spent a good 10 minutes helping me to scrub the pot, other than being my automatic blender, he is also my scrubber. Hehe. The pot is now sparkling clean! :)

如果下次再尝试,我应该只会弄一点点给自己吃。反正不合陈先生口味,就别浪费了。
哈哈。

No comments:

Post a Comment