Sunday, February 20, 2011

Gin's Kitchen - Prawn Cocktail

Day 202


Bought prawns for claypot tofu but forgot to buy tofu. Clever me. This is evidence that my brain cells are dying away, please let me find work soon! Been wanting to make prawn cocktail as it combines 2 of my fave, prawns and mayonnaise. I know mayonnaise makes me fat but it's just so hard to resist! Evil mayonnaise!

Ingredients
- 10 prawns (cooked, shelled and halfed)
- Lettuce (sliced thinly)
- Rockmelon (diced)

Sauce
- 8 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- few drops of Tobasco
- 1 tablespoon of sugar water (dissolve 1 teaspoon of water with some water)
- few drops of lemon juice (many recipes call for lime juice but I don't have any lime so made do with lemon)

Directions
1. Mix mayonnaise, tomato sauce, Tobasco, sugar water and lemon juice in a bowl and set aside
2. Boil water in a pot and cook the prawns till they are pink
3. Cool them in cold water and peel off the shell
4. Sliced the prawns into half and wash away its veins
5. Place the sliced lettuce and diced rockmelon on a plate
6. Add the prawns on top and pour the sauce over the prawns

No comments:

Post a Comment