Thursday, September 15, 2011

Perth - Day 6

Day 409
15 Sept 2011

Perth was the first city in Australia that we visited and many couldn't understand why we wanted to visit Perth. Mr Tan and I can't remember the reasons too, maybe it's because it's the nearest to SG. Perth has its reputation as a retirement city and it's evident when we boarded the plane. The elderly made up more than 50% of the passengers on the flight and everything kinda moves at a much slower pace. But we had a wonderful time the last time we visited Perth. We went on our very first road trip and fell in love with Margaret River region and Cape Leeuwin. Awesome views and so so relaxing. Sadly, we weren't able to revisit these places this time round as Mr Tan is on official business. So I spent all my time around Murray and Hay Street Malls and I think the sales people are beginning to recognise me! Haha. Bought something from Esprit and I think I'm slightly obsessed with denim. My eyes will automatically zoom in onto the denim items whenever I enter a shop, it's my new 
obsession!

I found something to love about this otherwise boring Perth trip today - Utopia Bubble Tea! I love love love love Bubble Tea, not those pre-made kind that are placed in metal tubs and scooped into your cups but those made on the spot. The taste between the 2 is distinctly different (at least to me). Those pre-made bubble tea tends to have a stronger milk taste and is sweeter but those made on the spot have a more distinct tea flavour and you can request for a lower sugar level which means it's not as sweet. Utopia's bubble teas are prepared on the spot and they are cheaper too. I'm in love! ♥

Dinner was at Tony Roma's - ribs!!


Kickin' Prawns were delish! Crunchy, succulent with a tinge of spiciness. Simply YUM!
Fire Wings were fiery and finger lickin' good. Nom-nom-nom
Original Baby Back Ribs were good but not as good as Meat & Wine. Ordered the regular size and the serving wasn't huge. I finished it all by mysellf. The meat doesn't fall off the bone and the sauce was a little overpowering but it was all still good, just not excellent.
The sides were a little disappointing, especially the fresh vegetables. The broccoli was over-overcooked.
According to Mr Tan, the Filet Medallions were juicy and nicely done and I like the fried prawns. Crunchy!
A good and satisfying meal. Thumbs up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment