Thursday, September 15, 2011

Perth - Day 5

Day 408
14 Sept 2011


I decided to shop at Myers and David Jones today, with the aim of buying something and I did! I seriously need to go for the exercise classes when I get back to Melbourne. I'm getting FATTER and FATTER. and I hate it.

Other than shopping, I was on the lookout for Japanese takeaway places to satisfy my sashimi craving but I didn't manage to find any. They sell sushi, they sell bento, they sell rolls but they don't sell sashimi. Sad. In the end, I settled for Subway. Shall continue my hunt for sashimi tomorrow. I have all the time in the world. 

Mo didn't join us for dinner tonight as he has to attend his CA class and we decided to do takeaway at Taka Japanese Cuisine. 85% positive ratings on Urbanspoon but the dinner couldn't be more disastrous. I'm beginning to lose faith in Urbanspoon. Most of the places we've visited based on Urbanspoon's reviews turned out to be rather disappointing. The moment Mr Tan knows we're going to a restaurant based on Urbanspoon's reviews, he would shake his head and say, "Again?" He doesn't trust the reviews and I'm beginning to feel the same too, especially after tonight's dinner. 

Ebi Prawn Curry with Rice - Batter was thick and flour-y, curry was salty
Karaage with Rice - Chicken was tough and overcooked, tasted like they've been fried before, not freshly fried
Tempura Prawns - Soggy
Sashimi - NOT fresh! This has to be the worse sashimi I've had. Tuna and salmon were mashy and totally inedible. YUCKS!!!!!!!!

It's cheap but I would gladly pay more for freshly prepared food. Perhaps we ordered the wrong dishes but everything we had tonight was horrible. Disappointing and unsatisfying.

1 comment:

  1. hey most of the people that post there are white clientiele or students that know no better.

    ReplyDelete