Thursday, September 29, 2011

Happy Birthday, Father!

Day 424


Happy Happy Birthday to my dearest Father!
Although I can't be there to celebrate it with you, I want you to know that you're always in my thoughts! We've been brainstorming about what to get you for your birthday for a week but we can't afford your dream present - Rolex King, yet. You've always said that you love money and so this year, we decided to give you an angbao! It's not much, but we do hope the number will bring you great health, good luck and prosperity. Huat ah!


To those outside of our family, Father is stern, fierce and bad-tempered
But he has never raised your voice at us
Occasionally, he throws a little tantrum, whines a little and shows us a black face
But he's never the fierce one at home, someone else beats him to the crown - Mama Goh

Over the years, Father has worked tirelessly to provide us with the best
He doesn't say he loves us every day, he doesn't hugs us every night
Instead,
He would wake up early in the morning to send us to school everyday
He would wake up in the middle of the night to check on us while we're mugging for exams
He would wait up for us when we're home late
He would secretly give us money when he thinks we're tight
I would say, he's a man of action

During my rebellious teenage years, Father never gave up on me
I quarrelled constantly with Mama
I neglected my studies
I did lots of things behind their backs
Tensions were high at home but Father never lost his temper at me
I was his little girl who just needed some time and patience

All my life, Father has been there for me
It doesn't matter which school I wanted to enter
It doesn't matter which course I wanted to study
It doesn't matter which job I wanted to do
Nothing matters so long as it's my choice
He would back me up and give me his full support

Father, thank you for being my angel..
I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment