Saturday, September 24, 2011

Eat Out - Old Town Kopitiam & Sushi Sushi

Day 418

Sometime last week, Mr Tan came home excitedly to say that he has found another place that sells Fish Head Curry - Old Town Kopitiam and it was decided immediately that we're going to head there for it this Saturday. I miss Fish Head Curry dearly, to be specific, the Fish Head Curry from Muthu's Curry. That was the first time I had Fish Head Curry and the rest is history. Ever since we came here last year, we've been trying to find a place that serves decent Fish Head Curry. The problem is, quite a number of places have it on their menu but they actually don't serve it anymore, like Red Bean Kitchen, Jalan Alor and as we found out today, Old Town Kopitiam. The only place we know that stills serves it is Red Hot Wok but its Fish Head Curry is more like fish bones and veggies curry, it just doesn't satisfy me. Mr Tan suggested that I cook it myself, well, I did try the last time but something is lacking. I think it's time to shift the search to Indian restaurants.

 

Anyway, after learning that Old Town doesn't serve Fish Head Curry, we ordered Roasted Chicken and Char Siew Rice and a Chicken Curry Laska. I didn't like the rice, it was flavourful but it was too sticky. There were only 4 miserable pieces of chicken and 6 pieces of char siew (yes, I counted as the serving was a little pathetic) and that means it's almost $1 for each piece of meat. The roasted chicken tasted ok but the char siew was 50% fat. Definitely not something I would order again. The chicken curry laksa was tasty but could be a more satisfying meal if there's more chicken.

After lunch, Mr Tan went for his haircut at Sui2. The appointment was initially set for 6pm but since we were in city, we thought why not? Sui2 was the salon that transformed his centre-parting hair into something young and trendy. It took him a while to get used to it but now he actually blows dry his hair to style it. Of course, I love his new hairstyle, no longer stuck in the eighties - the era of centre-parting hairstyles. I'm so tempted to change my look. I think I'm going to try and ask the hairstylist to cut it short for me again, this time, regardless of what he says.

For some reasons, both of us weren't hungry and decided to have a light dinner. A really light one, 15 pieces of sashimi, 1 seafood salad and 4 pieces of sushi. Sushi and sashimi are already packed in boxes and it caters more for takeaways rather than dine-ins. But there are plenty of tables and chairs if you choose to dine-in, like us. Sushi sushi is the place that we visit for cheap and decent sashimi. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. please, the last time i visited sushi sushi- it was TERRIBLE!!! sushi didn't taste right and the server was so rude

    ReplyDelete