Friday, September 23, 2011

Eat Out - Hallah (Living Social Deals)

Day 417

It's freezing cold again today. The weather's really crazy but it's much better than last year, at least I get to see the sun more often this spring. Spring was non-existent last year. 

Ever since I began subscribing to Groupon, Living Social, Cudo etc, I've been enjoying some really good deals, like the 3 month gym membership at Re-Creation Health Club, Krispy Creme doughnuts and the Japanese Bento at Okonomiyaki but 1 of the restaurant totally pissed me off. It took me months and 6 emails before I finally managed to secure a booking and even that isn't on my preferred date but I'm simply too pissed and just want to get rid of the stupid coupon. I can't wait to visit the restaurant in October (yes, the booking was made weeks in advance because they are always FULL on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings) to see what makes it so damn popular. Anyway, tonight's dinner was at Hallah - using a Living Social deal I bought for $29. Not only was it value for money, the place was quiet and clean and the service was great (we weren't treated differently just because we paid less, though they got 1 of our order wrong). The only thing that bugged me was that they didn't serve us any of the side dishes. :(

Living Social Deal
Dinner for Two @ Hallah ($29)
2 entrees (Seafood Pancake, Kimchi Pancake, Jab-chae or Korean Dumplings)
1 full serve of Crispy Fried Chicken (Original, Marinated, Garlic or Soy)
1 bottle of house wine

We had dined at Hallah previously and I fell in love with its Jab-chae. Chewy sweet potato noodles stir-fried in sesame oil and pepper with onions, carrots, and spring onions. The Jab-chae we had tonight was slightly different from the one we had previously, it's a little dry and they replaced mushrooms with black fungus. *sad* I want my mushrooms. The dumplings were crispy and tasted ok. We ordered half serve of marinated and half serve of original flavours for our Crispy Fried Chicken but the order came out wrongly. I was a little suspicious when it first arrived as I thought I had remembered vaguely that the marinated chicken was red. But we've been to so many Korean restaurants that I thought perhaps I might have remembered wrongly so we tucked in. By the time the waitress realised that she had given us soy instead of marinated, Mr Tan was already biting into one of them. Haha. Every trip to a Korean restaurant is never complete without some Korean soup and Hallah is really very generous with its ingredients in its Kimchi Stew! We just wanted the soup actually. 


Thank you Hallah and Living Social for the great deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment