Friday, September 2, 2011

Eat Out - Fishy Friday @ Bali Bagus

Day 396


Ever since Sabrina brought us to Blok M for its grilled fish, I've been hooked and we would go there for their grilled fish whenever my craving kicks in. That was until a cockroach crawled across our table while we were having our dinner! I'm terrified of cockroaches, they are disgusting. Actually, all bugs are disgusting and I totally totally hate them. Anyway, that was the last time I stepped into Blok M and I guess I would never be stepping in ever again. Enter Bali Bagus. Location wise, it's not as convenient as Blok M but it's brighter, quieter and seems cleaner and most importantly, there's no cockroach crawling across my table and I hope it stays that way.

 

Of course, I ordered the Ikan Bakar while Mr Tan ordered the beef balls soup. The portion for the beef balls soup was pathetic. 4 beef balls and perhaps 3 mouthfuls of noodles. Seriously, the noodles were only enough for a child. Thankfully it was delicious and this is coming from Mr Tan - the man who seldom compliments any food. He finds almost all the food he eats to be OK. The grilled fish was a big one but it was a little overcooked. It didn't taste like it was grilled, it tasted more like it was fried and grilled. Nonetheless, it was good. I would still prefer Blok M's version but I can't go back. Blame it on that cockroach.

1 comment: