Friday, April 15, 2011

Papa and Mama Goh are coming to Melbourne!

Day 256

Yes, Papa and Mama Goh are coming to Melbourne!

It will be the first angmoh country that Papa Goh has ever set foot on! Mama Goh has been to the States many years ago on a company trip but this will be the first time that she's going to an angmoh country for holiday too! They are coming together with my godparents and the frustrating thing is, they actually signed up with a tour agency for the trip! As a result, they are paying MUCH MUCH more for the trip. Told them to buy the air tix and let me handle the rest but my godparents insisted on going with a tour group to avoid troubling me. It's weird because the whole point of them coming here is to see me! Since I'm not working, I have all the time in the world to accompany them around. With them following a tour group, I won't be with them when they visit Great Ocean Road and Phillip Island. It's also not a good time for Papa and Mama Goh as they are both super busy at work, they sort of got pressurised by my godparents to come along and I feel kinda bad about it. To make up for it, I have drawn up a list of restaurants to bring them to and make sure they are full and satisfied.

I have been cracking my brain to think of where to bring them and what to do when they are here. There's really nothing much to do here except Great Ocean Road and Phillip Island. They don't drink so wine tours don't appeal to them, especially Mama Goh. There's no snow yet so I can't bring them to Mt Buller to experience it. Mr Tan and I have been to enough scenic tours here to know that there isn't any wow factor. Headache! All I can think of now is Queen Victoria Market, South Melbourne Market Richmond and Chadstone. Perhaps I'm biased but this place just doesn't appeal to me and frankly, I can't wait to get back to SG! Hopefully they won't be bored to tears while they are here! 12 more hours and they will be touching down at Melbourne Airport!!! Woohoo~~~

2 comments:

  1. well the snow has fallen early, so maybe to mt buller.
    and maybe you can take them out to all the dining establishments that you have mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bringing them to Shark Fin House for yum cha tomorrow, hopefully they'll like it!

    ReplyDelete