Tuesday, April 26, 2011

老爸老妈,干爹干妈 - 墨尔本之旅 (七)

Day 263
22 April 2011

I'm fying to Brisbane this morning and will be leaving for the airport at 7am. I tried to keep myself awake the whole night to make sure that I can make a trip to Papa and Mama Goh's hotel to bid them goodbye. I wrote 2 notes for them to thank them for coming. It's never easy for Papa and Mama Goh to go on holidays because they are always worried about their work but this time round, they simply dropped everything for me. They are simply the best parents that I can ever ask for.

I left the apartment around 630am and waited anxiously for a cab. I was praying very hard that the cabby will not take a longer route on purpose. My apartment is only a 10min drive and many cabbies will purposely take a longer route or feign ignorance about the location of the hotel and go in circles to earn more money on the meter. Thank goodness the cabby was nice enough to take only a slightly longer route and I was there in 10 minutes. I called Papa and Mama Goh while I was in the cab and told them to brush their teeth and meet me downstairs but they weren't there when I reached the hotel. I called them again to let them know that I was at the hotel and I needed to be back at my apartment by 7 to meet the rest of them. Waited for another 5 minutes and they were still not down. It was already 6.52am. I called them again and Papa Goh said they are already at the lift.

The goodbye...

I passed the envelope containing a card and the note to Papa and Mama Goh. I hugged Mama Goh and she was tearing. I touched her face and told her not to cry. I turned to Papa Goh and for the first time in my adult life, I hugged Papa Goh. He leaned on my shoulder and said, "We'll miss you." He teared and by now, I just couldn't control my tears anymore. Both of them were teary-eyed and it was heart-breaking to see them like this. They sent me to the taxi stand and waved goodbye. I couldn't stop crying on my way back. The tears just couldn't stop flowing.

I know both of them will go back to SG worrying about me. Life here isn't a bed of roses but every step, every success, every mistake, is a learning experience and I treasure the experience. I just hope that they'll worry less about me and take good care of themselves. 

You've taught me all I need to know to be a morally upright person, 
You've showered me with all the love I need to care and love others,
You've provided me with all that I ever need to succeed in life. 
You're always there to support me when I fail, 
You're always there to share my joy when I succeed, 
You're always there for me no matter what happens. 
You've never asked for anything in return except for us to have a good and happy life. You're the best parents that I can ever ask for. 

Now that I've grown up, I just want to be there for you when you need me...
Thank you for everything, Papa and Mama Goh..
I love you..

1 comment:

  1. I can fully understand the feeling of uncontrollable tears... You will go back Singapore again real soon! :)

    ReplyDelete