Monday, March 14, 2011

Lousy Muffins on a Lazy Monday

Day 224


Tried to make Oreo Muffins using a different premix today and they turned out to be really lousy. My twin, who is now a baking expert, has been telling me how easy it is to bake without using premix but I always find that too troublesome, with all the measuring and different ingredients. But after today's lousy muffins, perhaps it's time to ditch the premixes.

Not sure what went wrong but the Oreos totally 'melted in the muffin', I broke the Oreo cookies into 4 pieces and mixed them together with the batter but all of them melted away and there was no Oreo left. Boohoohoo~


I followed the instructions and baked them for 25 minutes. The muffins were soft and moist, but I found them too boring and not sweet enough, all flour and nothing else. The nicest part was the choc chips. They were nice but I added too little so the next time I bake muffins, I'm gonna add lots of choc chips or even a choc chunk in it!

1 comment:

  1. Try banana choc chip muffins... soft and nice and fragrant... or put in walnuts/ pecans with choc chip...or try matcha powder? if you like green tea...or apples... I still recommend banana...hee...
    Next on my list is mochi cupcake... use glutinious rice flour... I hope it turns out well..
    Btw, Happy White Day! If you didnt receive your VDay present on time, then let it be a White Day present...hee...

    ReplyDelete