Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Another False Alarm!!!!

Day 225

The fire alarm sounded again today at 3pm. I was hesitant to leave the house after Saturday's stupid episode. Msged Mr Tan to tell him about it and he said better to be safe, so I started to make my way down 19 flights of stairs again. There weren't as many people in the stairwell, perhaps because most of them are out working, or perhaps they just can't be bothered anymore. I was almost at the ground floor when the announcement stopped. WTF!!??!!! Still, I made my way to the ground floor and once again, 2 fire engines were already outside but the firemen were putting away their fire suits!!! FALSE ALARM AGAIN????!!! @#$%&*!

The building management always put up notices in the lifts when things crop up in the building, mainly because of what the residents did. Eg, they put up notices to "remind" residents not to throw boxes down the chute as the chute was choked last week from Level 20 to 28; they "reminded" residents not to park their cars in unauthorised spaces in the car park; they also "reminded" residents to use their common sense when recycling. But this time round, it obvious something is wrong with the fire sensors in the building, not the residents' fault and thus, the management KEEP QUIET about their mistake. No word from the management at all. Till now, we don't even know if there was a real fire. This really pisses me off. So typical of what we are experiencing here. They are always ready to put others down to make themselves look better but they will NEVER admit their own mistakes. NEVER. 

I really hope there'll never be a fire or emergency because I'm not sure how many will still evacuate the building after 2 false alarms.

No comments:

Post a Comment