Saturday, March 12, 2011

Another First - Evacuation!

Day 222

Another first happened tonight! At about 9pm, the fire alarm in our building sounded while I was cooking and Mr Tan in the toilet! He has never heard the fire alarm before and didn't know what it was but I have heard it at least three times. They have tested the alarm thrice and each time, there is an announcement prior to the alarm to indicate that it is a test. Tonight, there was no announcement. My first thought was, it's probably a false alarm and I continued cooking. Haha. Mr Tan on the other hand, changed and was ready to leave the house. Then the announcement came. "Evacuate the building. Evacuate the building." It echoed throughout the building and by the time we hit the stairs, there were many in front of us. 19 flights of stairs down.

By the time we reached the ground floor, there was already a crowd outside the buildng and there was a kid standing there without his underwear! He was butt naked! I couldn't help and snapped a photo of him. :P We stood around and tried to look for the fire but saw none. No smoke, no fire.

Within minutes, 2 fire engines arrived but the firemen didn't spring into action. I guess there isn't any fire for them to put out. Instead of hanging around, we decided to go to Coles to do grocery shopping. By the time we returned, everything has back to normal, no more fire engines, no more crowd. We only managed to have our dinner at 1030pm but thankfully, there was no real fire!

2 comments:

  1. The thing is since it's an emergency, why do u have your camera?! you should be running for your life!!!

    and I think my parcel is really lost in mail... so sad... sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is a must to bring ur wallet and handphone during emergency!

    i just got a "final notice" notification in my mailbox!!!!! It's here long ago, just that I didn't receive the first notification. curse the postman!

    ReplyDelete