Monday, March 21, 2011

Gin's Kitchen - 酸辣汤 (Super Easy & Lazy Method)

Day 231


酸辣汤 is one of my fave soup and a must-have whenever I visit 鼎泰豐. I have been searching the net for easy-to-follow recipes and it is actually a rather easy dish to make. It is the preparation that is tedious, you need to shred every ingredient thinly but what bothers me the most is the leftovers. What do I do with the rest of the bamboo shoots, pork and carrots? So, I came up with my own recipe, if you call this a recipe that is. Haha. This must be the easiest and laziest way to make it.

Ingredients
- 1 can of 炒三丝
- 1/2 block of soft tofu (cut into strips)
- Carrot (shredded)
- 3 Shitake Mushrooms (shredded)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 bowls of water (about 700ml)
- 3 tablespoons of black vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- Corn starch mixture (thickener)
- 1 teaspoon of Knorr chicken powder

Directions
1. Add chicken powder to water and bring it to a boil in a pot
2. Empty the can of 炒三丝 and tofu into the boiling water
3. Add vinegar and pepper, adjust according to taste
4. Gradually stir in the corn starch mixture until soup thickens (Add more corn starch mixture if prefer soup to be thicker and less if prefer soup to be more watery)
5. Finally, stir in the egg and turn off heat


The end result is a very appetizing and tasty soup. Mr Tan and I finished every single drop of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment