Thursday, September 30, 2010

Movie Night Out

Day 59

We went for our very first movie here, courtesy of Mr Tan's company. Employees watch for free and they can bring in a guest for $5. The movie isn't something that we would go and watch but since it is free, why not? 


It is the first time that I am in a theatre with 90% of the audience in suits and corporate wear. Seems like some movie premiere. Haha. The theatre is a small and cosy one. There are 2 halls in the theatre and they only sell popcorn, chips, cake and of course beer and wine. We wanted to buy some finger food as we had not had our dinner but there was none. In the end, we bought some dim sim. The people here love dim sim and we have no idea why. It is a Chinese-inspired meat dumpling-style snack food which normally consists of a large ball of pork or other meat, cabbage and flavourings, encased in a wrapper similar to that of a more traditional dumpling.
THE Dim Sim!
During the movie, Mr Tan actually fell asleep! The movie was that exciting. Haha. Watching a movie here is not like back home. Nobody talks or even whispers during the show. Luckily Mr Tan didn't snore in the theatre, otherwise it would be so embarrassing! Oh, by the way, the movie is "Wall Street - Money Never Sleeps."

After the movie, we went to one of my fave dining place to have our dinner. Pancake Dessert House! The food is good, cheap and fast! I ate my fave Salt and Pepper Chicken with rice! Yum yum! I love the tender fried chicken with the onion and green pepper. So so yummy...writing about it is making me drool! I must learn how to cook it so that I can have it at home everyday!

My Fave - Salt and Pepper Chicken!

2 comments:

  1. hmmm... the chicken really look nice... How to fry like that? need coat with flour? I think u and me really becoming housewife... we have been discussion abt what to cook, how to cook.... hahah...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Choy choy, who said anything about housewife?? We are becoming cooks! Mummy not with us, no food centre to go to, we gotta be independent and self sufficient!

    ReplyDelete