Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Royal Melbourne Show (25 Sept 2010)

Day 54

This is another first for us! The weather was great today and the four of us made our way to the Showgrounds after lunch. Tickets are expensive at $29 but it's all about the experience!
Our Tickets
Inside the Showgrounds
It is a HUGE funfair for kids. Showbags filled with chocolates, chips, toys, magazines; Thrill rides filled with screaming teenagers and adults; Pavilions filled with livestock, animals, food or people; Games booths filled with softtoys and gamers and Arena filled with audience who are eating and drinking. Although today is the AFL grand final, which is like one of THE most important events in Melbourne, it was still crowded here. Oh by the way, the 2 teams drew in the grand final and there will be a replay next weekend. Yes, a replay. Everyone, from the players to the fans were simply stunned by the results. Okay, now back to the Royal Melbourne Show. There were so many showbags on sale and it is definitely one of the main draws of the Show.
  

 

I wanted to get the Tim Tam Showbag but it was already sold out. Sob Sob. Mr Tan bought a For Him Showbag which contains Men's magazines for his bathroom reading. 

Tim Tam Showbag - I love Tim Tam and I like the slippers!


I wasn't interested in any of the other showbags so we only bought one at the end of the day. I was interested in the thrill rides though but none of them was keen on the rides! There were also carnival games and some won big softtoys! Not sure how much money they spent before winning it but looking at the big smiles on their faces, I reckon it must have been fun! You can go around sampling food and drinks too but we were too full after our lunch at Dessert House.



I wonder if this Meh Meh can actually see anything...
This is a cake!
The foursome
We will probably not go again next year unless I can find people to go on the rides with me! But it was a great day out as the weather was simply terrific today! I love the sun! =)

3 comments:

  1. I likt Tim Tam... My papa use to buy for us when we were young.. Got raisin ones, but noe the supermarket in Spore only have the chocolate ones. Next time i go look for you then we go take rides... haha... Do they have one in Dec? Next Dec I am free... (I think...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The show only runs every September ley. Apparently it is to coincide with the school holidays. We must to the Universal Studios Singapore when we are both home!

    ReplyDelete