Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Saying Goodbye

Day 1
3rd August 2010
So many people came to the airport to see us off. I got a SURPRISE at the airport when Zhi and Meiping gave me the cards and presents! I got 1 from Ning, 1 from Yew Meng and 1 from Zhi, Meiping, Kellyn and Huiling. So touched...really...

We went there early and there was some prob with my Visa as my old passport number was used for the Visa. Luckily it was resolved but we had another problem at the airport..EXCESS luggage!
Total Luggage = near to 90kg
Checked in luggage = 50kg

Paid for excess luggage = 27kg

The remaining? Packed into DHL boxes for shipment


By the time we were done,
it was THE moment. It was time to say goodbye. 姑妈 cried. Ah Jie teared. Xiao Gu teared. Mummy teared. 3rd Aunt teared. Godma teared. I passed my special gift to Zhi and hugged her tightly. Yes, it is only 2 years and I'm sure I will be back for visits but still, I need to hop on a 7-hour flight. I couldn't stop crying.

It is always difficult to say goodbye...even if it's only for a while...



3 comments:

  1. I started crying when I said goodbye to my family and friends at the airport... It as so difficult... on the plane, i couldnt control my tears, it just kept flowing. after a while it stopped, then it start again. think the person beside me must be thinking that he is sittng beside a siao woman

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my kids saw my red eyes on the plane, they were quite worried. So I can't even cry haha! But when they arrived here, its their turn to miss ah yee granny and all u jie jies, and they wanted to go home so much. 1 yr is v fast, 2 yr also v fast. Seize the day! Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kept crying while I was inside the airport too..haha..then Jialun was saying, ltr ppl think I bully u..u don't cry already la..please? haha

    Im getting started on resume and filling in the numerous forms also..hopefully can start applying for jobs real soon then I will be occupied.. =)

    ReplyDelete