Monday, March 5, 2012

Gin's Kitchen - Chicken Rendang

Day 581

Mee Pok is Mr Tan's all-time fave food and curry comes in a close second. I like curries but I can't have it every day like he does. He's curry crazy. I do make an effort to cook it once a week to satisfy his craving but more importantly, it's really easy to cook (that's because I use a premix) and clean up. This week, instead of the usual curry chicken, I decided to try cooking Rendang, using a premix of course. :)

Ingredients
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 200ml of Ayam light coconut milk
- Rendang paste 

Directions
1. Add paste into pot and stir fry for a few minutes
2. Add chicken drumsticks and mix well with paste
3. Pour coconut milk into pot and stir well
4. Simmer on low heat for at least 30 - 45 minutes or until meat is tender and sauce is thickened


This premix taste nothing like the rendang back home but Mr Tan who rarely eats rendang found it to be pretty good. But for me, next premix please!

No comments:

Post a Comment