Saturday, March 31, 2012

Eat Out - Red Petite

Day 607

I broke Gin's Book of Records today. I slept for a total of 12 hours! Slept at 4am on 31 March and woke up at 4pm on 1 April. I am THE Sleeping Queen. How I wish sleeping can help to burn lots of calories, then I won't have to work so hard at the gym. Fat hope I know. Hahahaha. But I do think that sleeping can be useful when dieting because when I sleep, I don't snack and I don't feel hungry. Take today for example, I woke up at 4pm and the only meal I ate was dinner. Yeah! We had an early dinner as Mr Tan's stomach was growling again. (He had lunch btw!) His stomach screams for food almost every 2 hours. We decided to try this small Thai restaurant, Red Petite, that we drove past yesterday. Bad choice. 

Got there around 630 and we were their first customers. Most of the tables had the "reserved" sign on them and as we settled down, diners started to full up the small place and that's when the first sign of bad choice appeared. All angmohs, we were the only Asians. 

Tonight's menu
Tom Yum Goong
Red curry prawns with noodles
Claypot prawns


Tom Yum Goong was not spicy enough and we didn't find the taste to be very authentic. Disappointing.


Mr Tan thought he had ordered red curry chicken with rice so when red curry prawns with noodles arrived, we were both taken aback. Either he had pointed to the wrong dish when ordering or the waiter got it wrong. Bad choice. Too much coconut milk, not enough flavour and wrong meat!


My claypot prawns was probably the best dish. Reminded me of the Claypot glass noodle with soft shell crab in black pepper from Thai Express. *drool* But I would prefer more black pepper to spice things up.

Verdict: Small portions, pricey, not authentic, never going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment