Saturday, May 28, 2011

Gin's Kitchen - Green Curry Chicken and Prawn

Day 299

We love Thai food - spicy and flavourful! Tom Yum Goong is one of our absolute fave and a must-have when we dine at Thai restaurants. Other than Tom Yum Goong, the other dish that I absolutely adore is Green Curry. Green curry chicken, green curry seafood, green curry vegetables, anything with green curry rocks!

There are many premixes sold at the Asian Grocer and I had a hard time trying to figure out which one to buy. Luckily, I had Shyan and Sabrina who had tried and tested them before. They strongly recommend Mae Ploy as THE brand. I have tried Mae Ploy's Tom Yum paste and it didn't quite make the cut. But Mae Ploy's green curry paste passed with flying colours!

Ingredients
- 50g Mae Ploy Green Curry Paste
- 270ml Ayam brand Coconut Milk (1 can = 270ml)
- 120ml of water
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 chicken thigh fillets (cut into strips)
- 6 green prawn cutlets (optional)

Directions
1. Stir-fry 50g of Mae Ploy Green Curry Paste with 1 tablespoon of oil in a pot for about 1 minute
2. Add 200ml of coconut milk and stir well
3. Add chicken into the pot and continue cooking
4. Add another 70ml of coconut milk and 120ml of water and heat until boiling
5. Add prawn into pot and cook until prawns turn pink or are cooked
6. Add 1/2 teaspoon of sugar. Taste and season as desired


The recipe calls for 360ml of coconut milk but I added lesser coconut milk as coconut milk is very fattening! I'm counting my faily calorie intake, I'm exercising at home, I'm eating more meals but in smaller portions, I'm trying hard to lose the extra kilos. I hate the double chin, I hate the big fat face, I hate the big tummy, I hate the flabby arms! I miss the kickboxing classes back home...I want to kick and box the fats away!

No comments:

Post a Comment