Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Gin's Kitchen - Black Pepper Seafood Spaghetti

Day 288


This is my all-time fave and I never fail to have it when I visit Swensen's. That is by far the best Black Pepper Seafood Spaghetti I've ever had. Oh well, it isn't a common dish that can be found in most pasta places so not many for me to compare with. But still, I think Swensen's rendition is really good. Just thinking about it makes me drool......

Black pepper sauce, teriyaki sauce, sweet and sour sauce, thai sweet chilli sauce are some of my fave sauces. Mr Tan always says that I'm eating the sauce more than the food itself. I like to think that the sauce makes the food even more delish!

This is very similar to Black Pepper Seafood Udon, just that I'm using spaghetti and didn't add in any eggs to it. Also cut down on the sauces to make it a little less fattening (trying to deceive myself). I love both dishes so they'll be taking turns to show up at my dinner table. :)

Ingredients
- 100 strands of spaghetti
- 4 button mushrooms
- 6 green prawn cutlets
- 2 crabsticks
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil  
- 3 stalks of corriander (because I love them!)

Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Lee Kum Kee Black Pepper Sauce
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon of Shaoxing Wine (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Knorr chicken powder
- 100ml of water
*Combine all together in a bowl

 Directions
1. Fill a pan with water, add in some salt and bring it to boil
2. Cook spaghetti for about 7 - 11 minutes or until al dente (follow the instructions on the package)
3. Remove cooked spaghetti from pan and set aside
4. Heat olive oil in pan
5. Add mushrooms, prawns and crabsticks and stir-fry till cooked
6. Stir in combined sauce into pan
7. Add spaghetti back into pan and mix well with the ingredients and sauce
8. Serve and garnish with my fave corriander!

1 comment: