Saturday, August 13, 2011

Sushi Day!

Day 376

I can't seem to have enough of Japanese food after my trip to Fukuoka!

Lunch @ Sushi Chef
吃不饱饿不死的午餐。。太爱睡觉的后果。。

 

Dinner @ Yoyogi Japanese Cafe
Servers are all Chinese. Terrible or rather no service to speak of except for 1 female server. Mr Tan wanted a refill for his green tea and tried to catch their attention several times but it seemed like he had Harry Potter's Cloak of Invisibility on and nobody could see him! I raised my hand and one of the servers saw my raised hand and even made eye contact with me but chose to ignore me too! *super pissed* When a male server came to clean up the table next to ours, Mr Tan quickly told him about the tea refill and guess what? He said ok and then did NOTHING about it. He went about his other chores and simply IGNORED us. WTF?!?! Seriously, if you are so unwilling to serve diners, don't be a server. You are paid to serve. If you are only willing to serve angmohs, put up a sign at the entrance of your restaurant to say so. We would gladly go somewhere else.

We finally managed to catch the attention of the only female server who was doing her job. She came back immediately with our tea refill. And she did this with a SMILE. The only time we appeared visible to the servers was when we were paying for the meal. The server who made eye contact with me but ignored me totally was soooooooo eager to collect money from us that even before we could reach the counter, she had already keyed in our bill. We can accept bad food but bad service is a big NO-NO. The food sucks anyway. The salmon sashimi wasn't fresh and the udon soup was so bland that I had to add soy sauce. The tempura batter was thick and the prawn was totally tasteless. Screw Yoyogi. We're never going back.

 
 
 

Yoyogi on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment