Sunday, August 28, 2011

Disappointing result..

Day 391

Decided to go to bed last night after I saw the disappointing update on TTR to say that Dr Thunder has won by 8000 votes. The numbers came in today. Dr TCB lost by 7269 votes. Less than 1%. But it doesn't matter. He lost. Sigh.

I used to think that my homeland is the best place to live in. Safe, beautiful, clean and efficient. I was always proud to tell others I'm a Singaporean. But as I began to travel beyond our neighbouring countries, I realised that despite the fact that we are better than some, we lag behind so many others. I also came to realise why many would think that Singapore is part of China...

I love my country, very much in fact and I am proud of how efficient we are when it comes to certain things but there are just too many other things that we can do to make it a better place. The last time I returned, Singaporeans seemed to have become the minority. Everywhere we went, it was filled with those so-called "FT". I have nothing against them, until they mocked at us publicly, until they tried to stop us from cooking our favourite curry, until they hung their national flag outside their flat.

Change might not happen during my lifetime but I really hope it'll come soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment