Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Gin's Kitchen - Spaghetti with Garlic Prawns

Day 456

It's November! Yeah! I love November because it's my birthday month! It's GINvember! But I'm not looking forward to my birthday this year because I don't want to move into the BIG THREE. More wrinkles, more greys, more cellulite. Slower metabolism rate, slower reflexes. I'm OLD. But I'm not going to sulk, I'm going to keep my spirits up and pamper myself the entire month! First up, my new fave way of cooking prawns - creamy garlic prawns, with spaghetti.


Ingredients
- 10 green prawn cutlets
- 1 handful of spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons of cooking cream
- 80ml of water (because I ran out of wine)
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1 knob of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of Knorr chicken powder
- 2 teaspoons of chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon of crushed chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon of crushed black pepper

Directions
1. Bring a saucepan of water to boil, add some salt and cook spaghetti till al dente
2. Pour away the water and melt butter in pan over medium-high heat
3. Once butter has melted, add prawns and cook until they are almost cooked
4. Reduce heat and add garlic into pan and stir for about 30 seconds (be careful not to burn the garlic!)
5. Add water and chicken powder and bring it to boil
6. Add cooking cream and stir well
7. Simmer sauce until it has thickened to desired consistency
8. Toss cooked spaghetti into the pan and mix well
9. Sprinkle parsley, red chilli flakes and black pepper and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment