Friday, January 13, 2012

Eat Out - Ramen Ya

Day 529

Where is my summer?? It has been a cold and gloomy week. Once again, Mr Sun has gone missing and Mr Wind is in-charge. Mr Sun, your holidays are over! Even Mr Tan has been going to work everyday, it's time YOU get back to work too! The cold has made me craving for ramen and this time, we're making our way to Ramen Ya - raved by many as the BEST ramen in Melbourne. 

 

No frills set-up, bright, clean and spacious. You won't have to fight for elbow space with the diners sitting next to you. Mr Tan, having tried its ramen before, found it ok and wasn't too keen on having it again. Instead, he ordered the Chicken Curry Katsu bento box. Being my first visit, I ordered its signature dish - Charshu ramen in tonkotsu broth.


 

The noodles were cooked just right and the charshu was thin and soft. It's a good thing that they are thin but when there are so few pieces of it, I would prefer them to be thicker. I think the charshu were digested even before they could reach my small intestine! It's a pity they serve hard boiled egg instead of the soft boiled one. I didn't find the broth to be exceptional but it's definitely less salty than Ajisen's. Between Ajisen's and Ramen Ya, I would go for whichever one that has no queue. Good but not to-die-for.


Ramen Ya on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment