Friday, April 13, 2012

Eat Out - Big Boy BBQ

Day 620

Ribs, ribs, ribs...I can have you for breakfast, lunch and dinner if you are saucy, tender and yummilicious. Sadly, I haven't been able to find them anymore. The standard at Meat & Wine has dropped drastically (it's no longer my fave), the ones at Squires Loft and City Grill Room failed to impress and the ones at TGIF's are too dry. My search for yummilicious ribs led me to Big Boy BBQ. Sadly, it didn't make the cut either.


Tonight's menu
Pulled lamb shoulder burger
BBQ chicken wings
1/2 rack BBQ pork ribs
Onion rings
Coleslaw
Garden salad

The good: BBQ chicken wings and onion rings
Chicken wings were flavouful, tender and juicy. Onion rings weren't as good as the ones at Meat & Wine but they weren't oily and very addictive! 


The ok: BBQ pork ribs and garden salad
Some of the ribs were burnt and the meat was dry and tough. But other than these burnt parts, the rest were ok so it's abit of hit and miss. For $29, I was expecting something better. Nothing special about the garden salad but it's a good side to have while I dig into the meat pile.


The bad: Pulled lamb shoulder burger and coleslaw
Mr Tan had the lamb burger and didn't like it. The coleslaw was too sour for our liking and it was pretty much untouched after our first bite.


Saucy, smokey, yummilicious ribs...I want YOU! WHERE ARE YOU??

2 comments:

  1. where is it? Is it in Melbourne? I think you forgot to link it on Urbanspoon. Are there any specials for it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Katy, it's in Caulfield South. You can check out their website.
      http://bigboybbq.com.au/
      Thanks for the reminder abt US! :)

      Delete